The College Entrance Examination Board Advanced Placement Program allows high school students to earn college credit for high school work. Students usually take a high school honors course to prepare for the national Advanced Placement (AP) Exam. Advanced Placement exams are offered in a number of academic disciplines. Credit for these exams is granted under the following conditions:
- A maximum of 12 AP credits may be earned in a specific subject area.
- A maximum of 24 AP credits may be applied toward a TVCC certificate.
- A maximum of 45 AP credits may be applied toward a TVCC degree.
- AP credit is awarded as recommended by the American Council of Education (ACE) guidelines.
- AP credit is not graded and will not affect the GPA.
- A student must earn credit at TVCC before AP credit will be awarded.
Exams Accepted by TVCCClick Here
For additional information, contact the Registrar's office at (541) 881-5805