Mission, Vision & Initiatives
MissionTVCC is a comprehensive community college dedicated to promoting student success.
TVCC will be an excellence-driven institution offering quality programs to ensure student success.
President Young's Vision
- Make TVCC the First Choice for students;
- Focus on enrollment growth strategies;
- Increase efforts to promote a positive college public image;
- Advance internal communication and connections;
- Cultivate diversity and cultural opportunities;
- Promote safety and security across campus; and
Within Treasure Valley Community College, civility is defined as a demonstration of mutual respect - for people, for their roles, for their knowledge and expertise. Civility requires cooperation, tolerance, acceptance, inclusiveness, kindness, courtesy and patience. It will be expressed not only in the words we choose, but in our tone, demeanor and actions. All members of the TVCC community are responsible for and expected to exemplify and promote civility.
TVCC is committed to creating and maintaining a positive learning and working environment. While it is understood that disagreement will, and should, occur in a collegiate setting, open communication, intellectual integrity, mutual respect for differing viewpoints, freedom from unnecessary disruption, and a climate of civility are important values that we embrace.
At TVCC, Ensuring Access means equitable access to quality education.
1. Reduce the achievement gap for first-generation college students, underrepresented students of color, and economically disadvantaged students.
1. Enhance opportunities for student development
2. Provide comprehensive educational support services
3. Provide quality instruction
4. Support new and innovative academic programs to meet local and regional employment demands
5. Provide a variety of delivery methods to inform, retain, and educate
1. Enhance partnerships
2. Maintain and build partnerships for private and public sector funding
3. Support regional economic opportunities
4. Showcase and share the TVCC story
1. Foster a supportive culture
2. Maintain, improve, and expand facilities and technology
3. Maintain fiscal responsibility
4. Employ effective management practices and procedures
The Strategic Plan articulates priorities, and at the same time, guides decisions on resource allocation.
During 2016-17, TVCC began the development of the current iteration of its Strategic Plan. During this process, input was requested campus-wide; faculty, professional and classified staff, administrators, students and board members all participated in its development. Under its new strategic planning framework, Strategic Directions are the top-level element of the strategic plan; they communicate the overall direction for the institution, and are major organizational focus areas for sustained attention and budget priority. In addition, Strategic Directions help guide other elements in institutional planning to focus institutional action, serving as medium-term objectives to expand the institutional capacity to fulfill its mission. Critical and Supporting Strategies are second-level elements of the strategic plan; these strategies communicate direction for near-term implementation efforts and annual resource allocation, and are directly linked to TVCC’s mission fulfillment indicators.
Each objective has meaningful, assessable, and verifiable success indicators of achievement forming the basis for evaluating accomplishments: