TVCC Veteran Services “Getting Started” Check List
1. Apply for Admissions online at
2. Review and decide on what VA Education benefit to use:
3. Complete, submit, print, and sign your VA application at
4. Apply for Financial Aid at
5. Take the placement tests: Math, Writing in TVCC’s testing center
TVCC Testing Center
6. Declare a program of study.
7. Meet with an Academic Advisor.
8. Enroll in classes that apply toward your declared program.
9. Complete a “Veterans Request for Certification form” this form is required each
term you attend.
10. Order transcripts from all sources-military & other colleges/universities (these
must arrive and be evaluated by the end of the first term of attendance) at
11. After completing the above steps, and the TVCC Veterans Services in-house paperwork, set an appointment with the School Certifying Official to have your file reviewed (Certifying Officials are listed in the above Veterans Packet).
12. Attach a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility.
13. You must bring a new “Veterans Request for Certification Form” to the Veterans Certifying Official for any and all changes (adds, drops, or WHEN YOU ENROLL in a new term). Failure to do so may result in termination, overpayment of benefits, and/or could affect future eligibility.