"Getting Started" Checklist
- Apply online for TVCC admissions here.
- Review and decide on what VA Education benefit to use via the US Dept of Veteran Affairs website.
- Complete, submit, print, and sign your online Veterans Application.
- Apply for Financial Aid by filing your FAFSA online.
- Take the placement tests: Math, Reading, Writing in TVCC's testing center.
- Declare a program of study.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor.
- Register online at MyTVCC.CC for classes that apply toward your declared program.
- Complete the veterans packet.
- Order transcripts from all sources-military & other colleges/universities (these must arrive and be evaluated by the end of the first term of attendance) at https://jst.doded.mil/official.html. Any Student receiving GI Bill® education benefits while attending TVCC is required to obtain transcripts from military training and all previously attended schools and submit them to the school for evaluation of prior credit and shortening of the program proportionately.
- After completing the above steps including the TVCC Veterans Services in-house paperwork (found in step 9), set an appointment with the VA Certifying Official to have your file reviewed.
- Attach a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility.
- You must bring a new Veterans Request for Certification Form to the Veterans Certifying Official for any and all changes (adds, drops, or WHEN YOU ENROLL in a new term). Failure to do so may result in termination, overpayment of benefits, and/or could affect future eligibility.