TVCC Peer Mentor Program
The TVCC Peer Mentors are here to make your transition to college easier than you can imagine.
Not everyone can be a Peer Mentor, but those who are selected love what they do. Their job is to academically and emotionally support new students and assist them with their transition to college by connecting them to the broader campus community and resources. Participating in this program positively contributes to the student academic experience and success.
What benefits can you get from participating?
- Practical advice, encouragement and support
- Learn from the experience of others
- Increase social and academic confidence
- Become more empowered to make decisions
- Develop communication, study and personal skills
- Develop strategies for dealing with personal and academic issues
- Identify goals and establish a sense of direction
- Gain valuable insight into the next stage of your college career
- Make new friends across campus
- Receive career planning support
- Receive academic tutorial support