College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP)
What is CAMP?
The College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) is a federally-funded program designed to support students from migrant and seasonal farm worker backgrounds during their first year in college.
This program, which has achieved a stunning success rate since inception, is funded through grants from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Migrant Education and is administered by universities, colleges and non-profit organizations nationwide.
Watch our Introduction Video!
Who is Eligible to be a CAMP Student?
Student must fulfill one of the following:
- You or your parent(s) worked at least 75 days in the past 24 months in migrant/seasonal farm work (including crop, dairy, poultry or livestock production, the cultivation or harvest of trees, or on a fish farm)
- You are eligible or have participated in a Migrant Education Program (MEP)
- You are eligible or have participated in National Farmworker Jobs Program (NFJP)
* If you have concern on qualification eligibility contact:
Brenda Vega Vega
CAMP Student Support Coordinator
Oregon Trail Building, Room 105D
CAMP Eligibility Checklist:
In addition to the above requirement, the student must also:
- Be a permanent resident or citizen of the United States
- Be a first-year incoming student
- Enroll as full-time student at TVCC (12 credits/quarter)
- Be eligible for federal financial aid (FAFSA)
CAMP students are eligible for the following support services:
Social & Cultural
CAMP staff work with many departments on campus to provide CAMP students with additional resources and support as needed.
"What I enjoyed the most about CAMP this year is that they were all helpful in every way and really understanding about things and made me feel like we were all a family. :)" - Student from 2019-2020 Cohort.
Get Started TODAY!
- First - apply for admission to Treasure Valley Community College
- Second - take the placement test
- Third - apply for financial aid by completing your FAFSA. Treasure Valley Community College's school code is 003221
- Fourth - complete the CAMP application. Submit all required forms and documentation, including the personal statement.