TVCC's Dual Credit programs provide high school students the opportunity to take college courses while in high school and receive credits for both high school graduation and a college degree at the same time.
Benefits of Dual Credit:
- Save money on college tuition.
- Finish college faster.
- Enjoy an easier transition to college-level coursework and college life.
- Seamless transition from high school to college
- Greater likelihood of success in subsequent collegiate work
- Greater likelihood of earning a high school diploma and a college degree
- Reduced cost of enrolling in higher education courses
Check out the links below to learn about each of our Dual Credit Programs.
These are honors classes taught on high school campuses by qualified high school instructors. Students receive both high school and college credit.
TVCC offers local high school students the opportunity to enroll in two campus college courses each quarter at a reduced tuition rate. Two weeks prior to the beginning of each term, students are able to sign up for any of TVCC's classes that still have seats available.
CTE College Credit
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Program offers high school students college credit in CTE classes taught in high schools by qualified high school instructors. The program is free for Oregon students, and Idaho students are able to use their Fast Forward funds through Idaho's Advanced Opportunities program.
Idaho Advanced Opportunities
Advanced Opportunities allow for Idaho students to individualize their high school learning plan and get a jump start on their future. Students may take classes at TVCC online or in person through the program.