Adult Basic Skills
You can do this!
TVCC's Adult Basic Skills Department assists adults in obtaining the knowledge and skills necessary for family self-sufficiency, careers, community involvement, and further education. Our program is designed to help you prepare for your next steps in life whatever they may be.
We can help with:
- Reading, writing and math
- General Education Development (GED) preparation
- High School Diploma preparation
- English as a second language
- Workplace skills including critical thinking, digital literacy, locating and using information, and interpersonal workplace skills
- Increasing Math and Language Skills for Entrance into TVCC Classes
Get your GED
No matter what level you are at, we have a program for you! Earn your GED as a youth or adult, in English or Spanish. Our supportive and encouraging environment will help you reach your goals.
GED Preparation Program
Prepares youth and adult students to pass the GED test.
High School Equivalency Program
Prepares migrant and seasonal workers to pass the GED test.
Basic Skills Development
The Basic Skills Department helps you get the basic learning skills needed for higher education classes, English as a second language, critical thinking, digital literacy, locating and using information, and interpersonal workplace skills.