TVCC participates in the Federal Work-Study Program

Federal work-study provides part-time jobs for undergraduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. 

Who can be employed in the Federal Work-Study Program?

Only students who have completed a FAFSA application and have received an offer of federal work-study funding in their Notification of Financial Aid Offer can be employed in the Federal Work-Study Program. If you have been offered work-study funding, you may compete for an on- or off-campus work study position. 

When can I start work and how much can I work?

If you are hired for a position, you may begin working as soon as Human Resources and Financial Aid have processed your Work Study Referral Form and your I-9 and W-4. This will usually take a day after they are received. You cannot work more than 19 hours per week, nor can you exceed your total award for the term. 

Can any student work in a federal work-study position?

No. Work-study designated jobs are available ONLY to students who are eligible for the Federal Work-Study program. 

Can any work-study student work in a "community service" position?

Yes, there are some work-study positions that are based in the community.  

What if I don't get hired or choose not to use my work-study funding?

Work-study jobs and funding are limited. There will be many students who do not get to use this award.  

Have a question?

Please stop by the Student Services office or send an Email to the financial aid department at

Work Study Time Sheet

If you do get a work-study job, you will need to fill out a time-sheet with your supervisor. You may download the timesheet here.

Timesheet 2018-19      Timesheet 2019-20