Professional Bookkeeping With QuickBooks 2019
PROFESSIONAL BOOKKEEPING WITH QUICKBOOKS 2019
AND PAYROLL PRACTICE AND MANAGEMENT
Online Bookkeeping and Payroll Management Training
Become an Expert Bookkeeper
Bookkeeping forms the backbone of every organization's payroll efforts. Payroll processing is among the most technical and precise operations in any business or organization. This 100% online course will teach you the best practices for managing bookkeeping and payroll operations. Key topics include payroll functions, using QuickBooks 2019 for basic accounting and more.
Job Outlook for Bookkeepers and Payroll Managers
- According to employment experts at Robert Half, payroll administrators earn on average $40,250 per year. Payroll managers' and supervisors' pay often exceeds $75,000 per year.
- As part of the growing human resource (HR) domain, payroll managers are expected to participate in 7% job growth for the HR field, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- CareerBuilder.com cites bookkeeping skills as highly transferable to financial supervisory, analysis or managerial roles. The site calls bookkeeper an "ideal choice" for those who are motivated to keep organizations on track with regard to their finances.
Bookkeeping and Payroll Management FAQs
WHAT DOES PAYROLL PRACTICE AND MANAGEMENT INVOLVE?
Payroll processors make sure employees are paid on time and at the correct rate. They arrange to withhold and process payroll-related taxes and other expenses such as insurance or retirement savings. And they resolve pay issues and inquiries. Payroll managers keep an organization in compliance with federal, state and local tax regulations and ensure that all payroll reporting is timely and accurate.
HOW ARE BOOKKEEPING AND PAYROLL RELATED?
Bookkeepers serve on the front lines of a person, company or organization's financial health. Payroll is a key aspect of an organization’s finances, so bookkeepers are often tasked with handling both. Strong bookkeepers set up, deploy and manage systems that record the flow of funds into (revenue) and out of (payroll and expenses) an entity's accounts.
WHY DO BOOKKEEPERS NEED QUICKBOOKS?
QuickBooks® has replaced the manual entry functions of traditional bookkeeping. However, the organization, reporting and use of financial data still rely heavily on human input and processing. Knowing how to automate your bookkeeping practice with QuickBooks is an important aspect to staying competitive in today’s job market.
- Set up and utilize QuickBooks 2019
- Perform basic bookkeeping equations
- Apply the concepts of accrual accounting to transactions that span fiscal periods and trace the effect of accrual and deferral transactions
- Master the mathematics and formulas for calculating wages and taxes
- Learn the benefits and compensation programs commonly offered by employers
- Understand the regulations governing payroll practices, including the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 and the Internal Revenue Code
Prerequisites and RequirementsThere are no specific prerequisites for taking this course.
Payroll Practice and Management
Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks 2019
Wade Lindenberger is a CPA with over 20 years of financial accounting and management experience in public accounting and private industry. He is currently Director of Finance and Administration for New Children's Museum. Before his current position, he worked as the National Finance and Accounting Service Line Leader for Premier Alliance Group, a national professional services firm. Wade was also Director of the Finance and Accounting service line for the San Diego office of a global, publicly held professional services firm. Before becoming a consultant, Wade was Divisional Controller for one of the leading health and fitness club chains in the world. He has also been Internal Audit Manager and Divisional Controller for a division of a Fortune 500 global energy project management company. He began his career with Coopers & Lybrand, predecessor to PricewaterhouseCoopers, one of the "Big Four" CPA firms. He has previously served as an instructor for courses at Coopers & Lybrand and at the University of California at San Diego for the Extension Course and is currently an adjunct professor at the University of San Diego School of Business. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Bookkeepers' Advisory Board.
Helene K. Liatsos
Helene K. Liatsos is business advisor and QuickBooks Certified Advisor with more than 25 years of experience. She consults for a range of companies, from travel agencies to startups. Her company Home Office Management Experts was awarded the 2004 Home-Based Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Helene holds a Bachelor of Arts from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.