International Student Admission
TVCC welcomes international students and offers a personal, supportive learning environment. International students seeking admission must provide the following:
- Proof of completing a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Proof of age verified with a photocopy of the identification page of your current passport (international students must be at least 18 years of age at the time of enrollment);
- A completed TVCC Application;
- Official transcripts from all previous high schools, colleges, or universities (transcripts must be in English, and on the official letterhead/stationary of the school);
- International Student Financial Statement form. This must be accompanied by an original, current bank statement with a balance equal to the cost of one year of tuition, fees, and living expenses (funds must be translated into U.S. currency);
- Proof of health insurance (all International and Federated States of Micronesia students will be required to document acceptable medical insurance by the time of registration for each term);
- Evidence of English language proficiency. Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting one of the following requirements: Examples of methods for demonstrating English proficiency include (1) An official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 61 on the Internet-Based Test (iBT), at least 173 on the computer-based test (CBT), or at least 500 on the Paper-Based Test (PBT); (2) A score of at least 6 on the International English Language testing System (IELTS); (3) Graduation from a U.S. high school; or (4) Completion of an ESL (English as a Second Language) Program.
An international student who is transferring from another college must also submit:
- Photocopy of current I-20;
- Photocopy of your I-94 - Arrival/Departure Record;
- Completed TVCC International Student Transfer-In Form.
If you submit electronic documents, you must mail the original paperwork, as well.
All records in a foreign language must include the originals accompanied by an English translation. When all of the above forms and required information is received by the Admissions Office, the applicant will then be considered for admission (an I-20 form will not be issued to any individual until all required information has been received and approved by the Admissions Office). All students must enroll by the last scheduled day of registration of each term. Foreign students must register for 12 credits or more to be certified on the I-20 form.