CARES Act funds available to help TVCC students
Treasure Valley Community College students who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak now have access to additional emergency funding through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The college has received a funding package to use in part to assist students with expenses related to disruptions to their education due to the pandemic.
Here are a few details about how this funding will work, and how you can apply:
- Students will apply for funding via an application process, where you will describe how you have been impacted, along with your overall financial need. Link to Application HERE
- Students who have been financially impacted by the coronavirus outbreak are encouraged to apply for funding – even if you have never applied for Financial Aid before.
- These funds are similar to grants, and do not need to be repaid.
- Although there is no standard award amount for these grants, Financial Aid representatives will review requests and make as many awards as possible.
- We anticipate a high volume of applications, but expect to process them quickly.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received until funds are all awarded
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org