CARES Act Emergency Funds
May 15, 2020
TREASURE VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
1. Treasure Valley Community College (TVCC) signed and returned to the Department of Education the required Certification and Agreement to receive emergency funding through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. TVCC intends to use no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. TVCC received $498,832 from the Department of Education pursuant to TVCC’s Certification and Agreement pertaining to Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
3. As of the date of this report, no Emergency Financial Aid Grants have been distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
4. The estimated total number of TVCC students eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 894.
5. As of the date of this report, no students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
6. TVCC has determined that approximately $399,000 in total will be disbursed to Title IV eligible students with the most need who are registered for Spring classes in a program that is not online-only. The remaining approximately $99,800 will be disbursed during the Summer and/or Fall terms on a basis still to be determined.
7. TVCC will provide notices to students regarding the availability of this funding once final determinations have been made with regard to exact amounts awarded to each student.Notices will be sent directly to students. There is no application required. Check your TVCC student email for more information.