CARES Act Emergency Funds
July 1, 2020
TREASURE VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Treasure Valley Community College (TVCC) signed and returned to the Department of Education the required Certification and Agreement to receive emergency funding through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. TVCC intends to use no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- TVCC received $498,832 from the Department of Education pursuant to TVCC’s Certification and Agreement pertaining to Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- As of the date of this report, $398,650 of Emergency Financial Aid Grants have been distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The estimated total number of TVCC students eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 894.
- As of the date of this report, 612 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. The amounts ranged from $197 to $783 per student based on need and on number of credits for spring term.
- TVCC determined that $398,650 in total would be disbursed to Title IV eligible students with the most need who were registered for Spring classes in a program that was not online-only. The remaining approximately $100,182 will be disbursed during the Summer and/or Fall terms on a basis still to be determined.
- TVCC provided notices to students regarding the availability of this funding once final determinations were been made with regard to exact amounts awarded to each student as well as the eligible uses for the funds.
Notices were and will continue to be sent directly to students. There is no application required. Check your TVCC student email for more information.