Oregon Promise helps cover college costs
The Oregon Promise program offers new high school graduates and GED recipients an opportunity to have some or all of their community college tuition covered. Grants are for students who enroll in an Oregon community college within six months of graduation.
To Be Eligible, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- ☑ Be a recent Oregon high school graduate or GED recipient
- ☑ Have a 2.5 cumulative high school GPA or higher; or a GED score of 145 or higher
- ☑ Enroll at least half-time at an Oregon community college within 6 months of high school graduation or GED completion
- ☑ Be an Oregon resident for at least 12 months prior to enrolling in community college
- There is a $50 per term copay
- Eligible full-time, full-year students will receive at least $1,000 annually
- Awards will be pro-rated for students attending less than full-time (12 credit hours per term)
Steps to take:
- Complete the Oregon Promise application (online or written)
- Submit your high school transcript or GED scores
- Complete the FAFSA or its approved alternative
The Oregon Promise program could help you with tuition or costs. Learn More!