CLEP Testing Information
College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Before registering for a CLEP exam, check with an advisor at your college/university to determine whether CLEP credits will be accepted for your degree requirements. TVCC administers all CLEP exams; however, not all exams are accepted by TVCC. A student transferring to any four-year institution or another community college should check with that institution to determine whether CLEP credits will be accepted.
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) gives you the opportunity to earn college credit for knowledge you have obtained through professional experience, prior academic study, and/or independent study. CLEP examinations are offered in several academic subjects. Each exam is 90 minutes long.
There are two separate fees for the CLEP examination:
- $15 per exam - payable to TVCC for proctoring this test. If you are taking an exam
with an optional essay, there is an additional $10 fee. Please pay this fee in the
Student Services Center prior to the reporting to the Test Center.
- $85 per exam - You must go to the CLEP website to pay for your CLEP test. You will be given a voucher which you will bring with you when you test.
CLEP tests are given by appointment only.
To schedule a CLEP exam, call the testing center at 541 881-5799 or email us at TVCCTesting@tvcc.cc
The test center is available when the Campus is open and hours for Ontario and Caldwell testing centers can be found HERE.
What to bring
- Two forms of identification. Your primary identification must be government-issued photo ID with a signature (state issued driver's license, state issued identification card, passport). Your secondary ID must have either a photo or signature (Social Security Card, Student ID, credit card, passport)
- Calculators. (A calculator function is built into the software for those exams that require a calculator.)
- Cellular phones/pagers, beepers, walkie-talkies, PDAs, or wireless communication devices (e.g., BlackBerries).
- Digital watches (wrist or pocket), alarm watches, wristwatch cameras.
- Any kind of photographic or copying device.
- Listening devices such as radios, players with headphones, or recorders.
- Dictionaries, books, pamphlets, or reference materials.
- Papers of any kind. Scratch paper will be provided by the test center.
- Mechanical pencils or any type of pen or highlighter.
- Slide rules, protractors, compasses, or rulers.
- Food, beverages, or tobacco products.
- Hats (unless worn as a religious requirement).
For more information visit the CLEP web site at http://www.collegeboard.org/student/testing/clep/about