A Moving Guide for New Residents
There are some items that a room may only need one of so we encourage you and your roommate(s) to discuss the following items on the list below.
It is suggested that you discuss the following items with your roommate(s):
- Stereo and headphones
- TV, DVD, Blu-ray Player
- Standing lamps
FOR YOUR ROOM
- Bed linen (XL Twin size bed)
- Twin mattress pad (if you wish)
- Clothes hangers
- Storage boxes
- First Aid Kit
- Posters (no nails)
- Alarm clock
FOR THE BATHROOM AND SHOWER
- Towels: full sized and hand towels
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc...
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, plastic toothbrush case, etc...
- Shower caddy (something to keep your toiletries in)
- Hairdryer, curling iron, brush, etc...
- Shaving items
- Other personable items...
FOR THE LAUNDRY ROOM
- Laundry detergent, dryer sheets and stain remover
- Laundry basket or bag
- Quarters for the washer and dryer
- Ironing board and iron (one with auto shut-off)
- Drying rack
FOR THE KITCHEN
- Plates and bowls
- Cups, glasses, mugs, etc...
- Utensils for eating and cooking
- Can opener
- Cookie sheet, pots, pans, etc...
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup or spoons
- Sponge and dish soap
ADDITIONAL ITEMS RESIDENTS MAY WANT WITH THEM
- Room decorations
- Hanging message board for door (no double-sided sticky tape)
- Camera & photo album
- Envelopes and stamps
- Key chain (a lanyard will be provided upon check-in)
- Extension cords (minimal use)
- Power strips (with Surge Protector)
- All purpose cleaner
- Small vacuum (there is one available for check-out as well)
LEAVE AT HOME
- Hot plates
- Bunsen burner
- Electric cookware
- Paper lanterns
- Space heaters
- Air conditioners
- Bed raisers
- Pets (only a fish with a 2 gallon maximum is allowed)
- Weapons (guns, airsoft guns, knives, etc...)