Institutional Effectiveness & Planning
About Institutional Effectiveness and Planning
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Planning (OIE) provides critical information and analytical support to the college's decision-makers, strengthening strategic planning and policy-making processes. OIE serves as the chief information clearinghouse for the college and conducts research on student, faculty, and staff to promote on-going institutional self-assessment. OIE also fulfills the college's compliance reporting requirements at both the federal and state levels.
- Provide the highest quality data, information, and analytical services.
- Produce and distribute official college reports in a reliable and efficient manner
- Develop and publish measures of progress in meeting the goals set forth in the college's strategic plan
- Provide institutional research and assessment data and data analysis to departments and units throughout the college community.
- Serve as consultants to other college offices, departments, and individuals on institutional data collection and analysis matters.
- Provide technical assistance to faculty, administrators, and staff in evaluating the effectiveness of programs and activities
- Organize and conduct other institutional assessment programs, including assessment of student learning and student activities, both independently and in collaboration with other departments.
- 2013-2014 End of Year Report
- 2015 IPEDS Data Feedback Report
- 2014 IPEDS Data Feedback Report
- 2013 IPEDS Data Feedback Report
Faculty, Staff, & Student Research
- 2015-2016 Achievement Compact Narrative
- 2014-2015 Achievement Compact Narrative
- 2013-2014 Achievement Compact Narrative
Institutional Strategic Planning and Analysis
Every few years the College participates in an exercise of continuous improvement by reviewing the Core Themes and Initiatives. This particular activity is meant to ensure the Core Themes and consequently each Initiative is in alignment with the direction of the college and ultimately the college mission. During the Board retreat in December 2014, after much thoughtful discussion, the Board of Education reviewed and refined TVCC's Core Themes for 2015. The Initiatives were reviewed in January 2015 at the Strategic Planning Symposium by representatives from all areas of the college community.
- 2015 Core Theme Initiatives
- 2014 - 2017 3 Year Strategic Plan
- 2014 - 2017 3 Year Strategic Planning Diagram
- 2013/14 Strategic Plan
David Koehler Yumiyo Okuda
OIE Director Institutional Researcher / Data Analyst