Forms and Documents

2018-19 Forms


2017-18 Forms

If you plan on attending all four terms at TVCC and wish to have your loan funds spread out over all four terms please fill out the Request to Change Loan Distribution document.

Please review TVCC's Financial Aid Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress before beginning the appeals process. This policy has been updated to meet the requirements of new rules put into place by the Department of Education.

Commonly Requested Documents

Student/Spouse and Parent Federal Tax Forms

We can no longer accept copies of your tax return forms. You must get copies of your federal tax return transcript.

Student/Spouse and Parent W-2s

Submit copies of W-2s from all employers in the year requested. If you had income from other sources that was not reported on a W-2, provide alternative documentation of income (such as a 1099 or Social Security Benefits Statement). Lost your W-2s or 1099s? Contact the Internal Revenue Service at 1-866-897-3315 and request a "Wage and Income Transcript".

Clarify Your Current Degree Program

Submit a written statement clarifying exactly what degree you are seeking from TVCC. Students commonly indicate on the FAFSA that they are seeking a Bachelor's degree. (TVCC offers Associate degrees, Associate of Science degrees, Associate of Applied Science degrees, and certificate programs.)

Clarify Your Current Grade Level

Submit a written statement clarifying your current college grade level. Students commonly leave this question blank on the FAFSA or, indicate they are a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student. Your grade level is assigned according to the number of credits you have earned or transferred to TVCC. If you have less than 45 earned credits, you are in your 1st academic year of college and are a freshman. If you have greater than 45 credits, you are in your second academic year and are a sophomore. You are not considered a junior until you transfer to a four-year college or university.

Graduation Plan

Your TVCC transcript indicates that you are approaching graduation or have enough credits to graduate already. Make an appointment with an academic advisor to discuss the classes you need to take in order to fulfill your degree requirements. Submit a copy (signed by your academic advisor) of the graduation plan you and your advisor discuss.

Official Academic Transcripts

Submit official transcripts from all college, university, or post-secondary schools you have attended.

Review & Correct FAFSA Application

There are significant issues with your FAFSA application that prevent processing. Review your SAR and make corrections to incorrect or missing data.

Resolve Defaulted Student Loan or Student Loan Limit Issues

The U.S. Department of Education has indicated that you have a defaulted student loan or owe a repayment of federal financial aid funds. Contact your loan servicer or previous school immediately to resolve the issue.

Documentation of Citizenship Status

Your status as a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen could not be confirmed by the INS or Department of Homeland Security. Bring your original documentation to the TVCC Financial Aid office or a distance center. A student services representative will examine your documentation for authenticity and make a copy for your financial aid file. Do not make a copy yourself.