Certificate (One Year)
- Darin M Bell
- Kent L Banner
Major code: 3040
Department: Business and Computer Information Systems
Chair: Dustin Mason
The Applied Accounting Specialist certificate prepares students for a variety of entry-level positions in the accounting field. All courses in this certificate may be applied to the Business Management-Accounting Option Associate of Applied Science degree. A minimum grade point average of 2.0 is required to obtain the certificate.
- Compose grammatically correct, well-organized written and oral business presentations.
- Apply appropriate mathematical skills for business problem solving.
- Utilize applied technology to support business functions.
- Listen to and accurately assess responses of customers and co-workers within diverse sultural contexts.
- Apply ethical and legal laws and regulations in solving business problems.
Dual Credit (2+2)
Students will receive credit for Business and Computer Information Systems classes taken in high school as equivalent to college classes provided that the high school classes are listed on a signed articulated on agreement between the specific high school and the college. Credit will be transcripted as equivalent to a parallel community college course.
Related Educational Requirements (16 Credits)
All career and technical education degrees and one-year certificates contain required courses in applied communication, computation and human relations. These courses are designed to support student competence and success in the workplace. Students must have appropriate test scores in writing and math to enter the related courses listed. Students who test below the required level will be required to take preparatory courses. A college advisor will assist students with selecting the appropriate preparatory course or courses.
SP 111 FUNDAMENTALS OF SPEECH or SP 219 SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
Electives (6 Credits)
Electives may be selected from any lower division college level or Career & Technical courses.
Consult advisor for suggested courses
- Advising: 541.881.5815
- Admissions: 541.881.5811
- Financial Aid: 541.881.5833