Dual Credit Programs at Treasure Valley Community College
Treasure Valley Community College provides various opportunities for high school students to earn college credits while still in high school. Please review the programs below to find out how you can get a jump start on your college career at reduced tuition costs.
To receive a TVCC student ID number and student login to register for dual credit
classes, please complete the free dual credit form below and get started earning credits!
These honors classes are taught on the high school campus by qualified high school instructors. Students are given both High School and College credit. Cost through TVCC is $45 per credit in Oregon and $65 per credit in Idaho. The registration process is facilitated online through the high school. Students may sign up for as many Col-Cred classes as are offered at each individual high school.
Ontario High School
Heath and Fitness HPE 295
Vale High School
Physical Science Physics GSCI 104
Physical Science Chemistry GSCI 105
Nyssa High School
Physical Science Geology GSCI 106
Health and Fitness HPE 295
Adrian High School
Burns High School
Jordan Valley High School
Payette High School
Health and Fitness HPE 295
First Aid HPE 120
Treasure Valley Community College offers local high school students the opportunity to enroll in two college courses each quarter at a reduced tuition rate. Two weeks prior to the beginning of each term, students are able to sign up for any of TVCC's classes that still have seats available. Both online and live classroom classes are eligible for College Choice. The costs are $45/credit for Oregon residents and $65/credit for out of state residents, plus the expense of books, if required.
*Additional fees may apply for specific programs such as aviation, welding, and nursing
Who Qualifies for the College Choice Program?
- Must have at least Junior credit standing (starting summer after Sophomore year)
- Must have High School cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Home school students may take the placement test to qualify for the College Choice program (students must test at college-level reading and writing)
College Choice Checklist:
- Treasure Valley Community College Dual Credit Application for Admission above.
- Complete the COLLEGE CHOICE Concurrent Enrollment Approval Form - Submit each quarter student attends TVCC.
- Attach high school transcripts to Concurrent Enrollment Approval Form each quarter.
- Placement Test - www.tvcc.cc/current/testingcenter (if class requires a math or writing pre-requisite)
- Make an advising appointment at TVCC for class selection and advisor signature on Concurrent Enrollment Form.
College Choice 2017/2018 Registration Dates:
College Choice Registration September 11-22
Classes begin September 25
College Choice Registration December 18-January 5
Classes begin January 8
College Choice Registration March 19-30
Classes begin April 2
College Choice Registration June 11-22
Classes begin June 25
CTE College Credit
The TVCC CTE (Career and Technical Education) Program offers high school students college credit in CTE classes taught in the high schools by high school instructors. The program is free for Oregon students, and Idaho students are able to use their Fast Forward funds through Idaho's Advanced Opportunities program. The registration process is facilitated online by the high school teacher. All high school students (freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors) can take Career and Technical Education classes. For more information on the Career and Technical Education Dual Credit, please see our webpage.
Idaho Advanced Opportunities
Advanced Opportunities allow for Idaho students to individualize their high school learning plan and get a jump start on their future. Students may take classes at TVCC online or in person through the program. Information can be found here.