Equine Science / Horse Production
- CTE Home
- Certified Horse Trainer Program
- Horse Production AAS Degree
- Ranch Roping Short Course
- Our Staff
- Contact Us
For more information on TVCC's horse production program, please visit Wade Black's personal website, which is not an official TVCC-sanctioned site.
The vast majority of college and university horse production programs provide primarily classroom-based curricula. The TVCC horse production program has a distinctly different philosophy, and that is to ensure our students will be successful in the horse industry, by providing a hands-on education that gives them the required skills.
At TVCC students work directly with horses, and most of their education takes place in the barns, on the ranch, or in the arena. This philosophy not only ensures students will be successful obtaining employment and a career working in the equine industry, but also appeals to those students who don't necessarily excel in the classroom, and who because of this, might avoid higher education altogether.
The demand for this type of hands-on education is demonstrated by the large number of so called "Natural Horsemanship" clinicians who are currently filling the void in academics for this type of program..
Degrees & Certificates
- Associate of Applied Science in Horse Production & Training
- Ranch Roping Short Course Certificate of Participation
Career Pathway Roadmaps
- Horse Production, Applied Animal Behavior
- Horse Production, Roping and Livestock Skills Specialist
- Performance Horse Production and Training
- Performance Horse Marketing and Training