Aviation Safety Management Systems
TVCC is offering a Career Pathway Certificate in Aviation Safety Management Systems (ASMS). Students employed by Federal Government agencies, may meet the standards for Certification as a Federal Aviation Safety Officer by completing the TVCC Career Pathway certificate. The federal government does not currently issue aviation safety certificates for students not employed by the government. Once he/she has completed the courses they can apply to be issued (through their employing agency by the General Services Administration in Washington D.C.) a certificate as a Federal Aviation Safety Officer. (Example: This is currently being done by the U.S. Forest Service through the Chief of Fire and Aviation Training).
To provide documentation for all students completing this program, TVCC will issue a Career Pathways Certificate of Completion (CPCC) for Aviation Safety Management Systems (ASMS) after successful completion of the described courses below. Other institutions who offer similar certificate programs for aviation safety include the University of Southern California (USC) and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. We offer a Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) accredited curriculum that, we believe, is as robust and as professionally regarded as those of the higher learning institutions.
Whether you are a new student or an aviation professional who is interested in expanding their career potential by taking the A.S.M.S. classes, this page was designed for you.
In order to get registered for this certificate you will need to take the following steps:
- Click HERE to fill out the A.S.M.S. Course Application.
- Send an email to Carol Buttice at email@example.com from the same email address you used on your TVCC application, stating that you are an ASMS student and that you would like to be registered in AV 120 (AV 120 is a pre-requisite for all other AV courses and must be taken first).
- We will register you in your course and reply to your email confirming your registration.
- Click HERE for the Career Pathways Certificate of Completion Petition Form.
Note: by sending this email, requesting that you be registered in this course, you are accepting responsibility to pay for this course.You will receive an invoice (student account statement) in the mail.
Required Courses for Aviation Safety Management System (ASMS)
Career Pathway Certificate (20 -24 credits)
Courses are noted according to the quarter most frequently offered and are shown in the recommended or necessary sequence.
Aviation Year One
- AV 120: Intro to Aviation Safety Management (4 Credits)
- AV 121: ASMS - Risk Management (4 Credits)
- AV 122: ASMS - Quality Assurance (4 Credits)
Aviation Year Two
- AV 123: ASMS - Policy, Promo, & Legal (4 Credits)
- AV 124: Aviation Human Factors (4 Credits)
- AV 125: Introduction to Aviation Accident Investigation (4 Credits)