Treasure Valley Community College
Web Site(s) Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The site contains information, data, logos, graphics, music, sounds, images, photographs and other elements and materials (collectively, "materials") that are owned by and are the copyrighted works of Treasure Valley Community College or by its third party providers. Treasure Valley Community College also owns a copyright in the selection and arrangement of the materials and in page headers and button icons.
- Use License
Permission is granted to view the materials and information on Treasure Valley Community College's web sites for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- use, copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative words from, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit in any form or by any means, including electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or other means, any materials without the prior written permission of Treasure Valley Community College;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial) without express permission;
- display images contained on any Treasure Valley Community College site, within a third party site, by linking the image source on our servers;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server without Treasure Valley Community College's prior written permission;
Any unauthorized use of any materials contained on this site may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity and communications laws and regulations and other federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Treasure Valley Community College at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Termination of Access
Treasure Valley Community College may cease operating the site or terminate your access to all or part of the site, without notice, at any time, for any reason.
The materials on Treasure Valley Community College's web site are provided "as is". Treasure Valley Community College makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Treasure Valley Community College does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Treasure Valley Community College or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Treasure Valley Community College's Internet site, even if Treasure Valley Community College or a Treasure Valley Community College authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Treasure Valley Community College's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Treasure Valley Community College does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Treasure Valley Community College may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice.
Treasure Valley Community College may or may not review all of the 3rd party sites linked to or from its Internet web sites and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Treasure Valley Community College of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
- Rights and Remedies
- Governing Law
Any claim relating to Treasure Valley Community College's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Treasure Valley Community College
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate, disclose or make use of personal information.
- Automatic Collection of Information
Treasure Valley Community College may automatically collect and/or track any or all of the following items from users accessing Treasure Valley Community College resources or sites:
- home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of client computer, and type of Web browser of visitors to TVCC's Web site
- the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with TVCC via e-mail, post messages to any TVCC bulletin boards or chat groups
- information knowingly provided by the visitor in online registration forms
- user-specific information on what pages visitors access
- Internet Browser Cookies
Treasure Valley Community College may place Internet cookies on visitors' hard drives. These cookies may be used to save information pertaining to the visitor, site preferences, site pages viewed by the visitor and other information assisting the user experience. Internet cookies are stored on the visitor's hard drive and are not stored, in any form, by Treasure Valley Community College. Visitors may decline the Internet cookies by using the appropriate feature of their Web client software, if available.
- Personal Information Collection
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. We may also release information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
- Treasure Valley Community College will not knowingly collect or use information from children under the age of sixteen (children) without their parents' or guardians' consent. Information collected from children with parents' or guardians' consent may be used inside Treasure Valley Community College in order to fulfill educational purposes.
- As a student, private information may be stored on our servers as part of your academic record and may be utilized under state and federal law only for their required purposes.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Electronic Payment Transactions
All supplied credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction is complete, your credit card information will not be stored on our servers aside from basic transaction records.
- Analyzing Site Usage
Treasure Valley Community College may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
TVCC is committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained to the best of our resources and ability.