TVCC is a comprehensive community college dedicated to promoting student success.
TVCC will be an excellence-driven institution offering quality programs to ensure student success.
President Young's Vision for TVCC
Make TVCC the First Choice for students;
Focus on enrollment growth strategies;
Increase efforts to promote a positive college public image;
Advance internal communication and connections;
Cultivate diversity and cultural opportunities; and
Promote safety and security across campus.
Within Treasure Valley Community College, civility is defined as a demonstration of mutual respect - for people, for their roles, for their knowledge and expertise. Civility requires cooperation, tolerance, acceptance, inclusiveness, kindness, courtesy and patience. It will be expressed not only in the words we choose, but in our tone, demeanor and actions. All members of the TVCC community are responsible for and expected to exemplify and promote civility.
TVCC is committed to creating and maintaining a positive learning and working environment. While it is understood that disagreement will, and should, occur in a collegiate setting, open communication, intellectual integrity, mutual respect for differing viewpoints, freedom from unnecessary disruption, and a climate of civility are important values that we embrace.
Treasure Valley Community College has identified four core themes, with associated strategic objectives under each theme, that individually manifest essential elements of the mission while collectively encompassing the mission:
At TVCC, Ensuring Access means equitable access to quality education.
1. Reduce the achievement gap for first-generation college students, underrepresented
students of color, and economically disadvantaged students.
Fostering Educational Success
1. Enhance opportunities for student development
2. Provide comprehensive educational support services
3. Provide quality instruction
4. Support new and innovative academic programs to meet local and regional employment demands
5. Provide a variety of delivery methods to inform, retain, and educate
Building Our Community
1. Enhance partnerships
2. Maintain and build partnerships for private and public sector funding
3. Support regional economic opportunities
4. Showcase and share the TVCC story
Pursuing Institutional Effectiveness
1. Foster a supportive culture
2.Maintain, improve, and expand facilities and technology
3. Maintain fiscal responsibility
4. Employ effective management practices and procedures
Each objective has meaningful, assessable, and verifiable success indicators of achievement forming the basis for evaluating accomplishments:
Treasure Valley Community College promotes an inclusive learning environment which fosters social justice, mutual respect, understanding, civility, and non-violence to the diverse college community. TVCC is committed to the elimination of discrimination based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, and cultural and religious backgrounds.